Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How I Shot My First Cupcake and Other Stories


Writing this post is as exciting as making my first set of cupcakes was. I understand making a cupcake is not some rocket science, but making it just the right way like those wonderful cake artists do. I don't have the right inspiration or great artists around me from whom i can learn some great tricks. So i always keep hunting for such exclusive dishes online, and come with something like this.




I never learnt any cake recipe in any manual classes, neither my food photography is been taught to me. I learned to shoot food all by myself.
It's very important if you want to shoot any food photography, that you have the right light, prop and background. If you are less at anything you might end up with a bad photo. If you cannot invest in expensive props, cutlery or anything or that sort, do not worry. Because you can find some beautiful plates and saucers, forks, spoons right in your kitchen. Trust me i haven't invested in anything for this photograph. All the things i already had in my kitchen rack itself.


You don't have to be professional at each and everything. I believe if you have the right talent, the right urge and interest to become a food genius all you need to get started. This is a very basic cupcake recipe that comes from our mother's age and not any fancy ingredients have been used in.
Regarding the shooting of this cupcake? Yes it really got me interested just because i loved it vibrant colors on the black table liner. I always love to line up a candle around my food, it shows so much peace. For me Food is Peace :)

You see how the simple lit candles can throw a very different look to your food? Just like this using simple yet elegant props and decoration can make the simplest food light up your shoot. If you are a shopping junky its an add up. Whenever you go for any shopping make it sure that you pick up atleast one item to add in your kitchen to use the next time you are going to cook or shoot your food. May it be anything a table liner, a cutlery, a decoration, or just simply a new ingredient to try out in your next new recipe.
Until my next post. Have a great cooking and shooting time :)

PS. Please do not copy or violate any images and contents of this post. Ask do not Steal :) Thanks for visiting. 

4 comments:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article. Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post

    ReplyDelete